Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Coron, Busuanga (Solo Adventure)


My Coron Solo Adventure
I've never been this eager to travel so when I received a notification regarding piso fare, I quickly book a round trip flight (Manila-Coron-Manila). I got it for a very cheap price of Php1,382 (US$32).
I didn't even know what to expect or what to see there. I just used Google to know what are the things to do.
When I reached Coron Town, I have realized that there are no beach nearby where you can swim. We found one in Bali beach (I posted pictures below), but we are not able to swim as well because of the shallow water. There are no taxi/cabs here and most of the transportation is tricycle or motorbike. 
Things to do in Coron
- Island hopping
- Snorkeling
- D.I.Y. Land tour
-Picture taking
-Most favorite of all: SELFIE!
- Scuba Diving (since there are a lot of dive spots here, but I haven't tried it yet) 
Jump shot in the road going to Maquinit Hot Spring.
(c) to the person I met there
  
 We are flying with Cebu Pacific ATR 72-500.
Upon check-in, they need to check our body weight for security purposes.

1. Upon arriving at Francisco B. Reyes Airport at Busuanga Island, Coron, Palawan, I proceed at the arrival area and on my surprise I found my name written on a small white board.

2. I approached one guy and he informed me that the lodge where I am staying contacted them for me to be able to reach Coron Backpacker Lodge on Coron Town Proper. (Fare as of July 2014; Php 150 Airport - Coron Town)

3. I rode a van from the airport going to the town proper, the driver dropped me on the main road and I just followed the sign going to Coron Backpacker Lodge.

Coron Backpacker Lodge
Php500/night - fan room

*No reservation required, I just sent an email and they just confirmed my stay on that day

You can visit their website at:
http://palawan-coron-backpacker.com/
Contact number +63 916 4004 871
coronbackpacker@gmail.com


Day 1

- Arrived at Coron, Busuanga Island.
- Checked-in at Coron Backpacker Lodge
- Rest for the next day

Day 2

I was about to join a tour however weather doesn't permit and I woke up a bit late already so I made a DIY land tour in Coron. It's a good thing I meet three awesome tattoo artist whose also from Manila whose doing workation (work-vacation) who accompanies me on the said "land tour".

ITINERARY:

Bali Beach (Php 20-Locals; Php 30- Tourist) 
It is just a walking distance from Bali beach to Maquinit but it is much better if you rent a tricycle or a motorbike. It's really hard to find a tricycle from here.

We just spent our lunch here since we tried to check the place if we are able to swim however the water was so shallow.
  
Next stop, Maquinit Hot Spring (Php 200-Adult; Php 180-Senior; Php100-Children)
Maquinit Hotspring
37 - 41 degree celcius

Mt. Tapyas (No fee)
One of the spots you shouldn't miss.
Mt. Tapyas will give you 360 degree view of Coron Island. All you need to do is take more or less 750 steps going up.

Day 3


Coron Island Hopping (Php650)

 Inclusions:
Kayangan Lake
Twin Peeks Reef
Hidden Lagoon
Atwayan Beach
CYC Island 
*Buffet lunch included
The very famous Kayangan Lake.

 
 Long stretch of whitish sand in the beach.
Best part, buffet lunch on one of the island during our tour.
 There's also a game we played, Filipino vs. Foreign (mixed of races from all over the world)
Only men are allowed. They played "Tug-Of-War".
Make a guess who won. 
Some of the people I met during the trip.
Day 4

- Depart from Coron, Busuanga to Manila
- Arrival at Manila






1 comment:

  1. Awesome adventure. Such beautiful islands and people. Food looks delicious. All in all seems pretty cheap. Definitely putting this on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete